Guess what? I’ve been nominated for the LIEBSTER AWARD!
For those not in the know (who included me, until I was nominated), the Liebster Award is for newer bloggers, like me. Another blogger, who reads and likes what a newbie is writing, can nominate them for the award. Then, the nominee must give 11 random facts about themselves, answer 11 questions posed by the person who nominated them, and ask 11 questions of 11 other new bloggers! It’s sort of a pay-it-forward blog love situation. I was nominated by the lovely Minttu, from I Am Mrs. K. So, here goes!
1. My Go-To TV Show is “Friends” – it’s actually the best show ever. I regularly watch all ten seasons, and am currently watching the extended editions. I like Chandler the most! If you haven’t seen it, go watch it all right now. I’ll wait!
2. I have a birthmark shaped like an upside-down exclamation point above my bellybutton
3. I had Lasik last year, and now can see 20/20! Before that, I wore contacts all the time (I got glasses when I was in Year 3 and was blind as a bat!)
4. I’ve visited 33 countries, on 5 different continents
5. Once, I cut my wrist open on a sharp bolt in the girls bathroom, while enthusiastically playing Poke’mon bouncy balls with some friends while I was supposed to be in class. Oops!
6. I can speak pig-latin fluently. So much for it being a dying language
7. I genuinely used to believe that I could breathe underwater…
8. I’m a singer, but for the life of me I can’t sing “Happy Birthday” in tune. It makes birthdays very embarrassing!
9. I’m addicted to “The Block” and am really excited that the new season has just started. I’m going for the twins! Do any of you watch it?
10. I made it all the way through school and two degrees without ever learning long division or my times tables by heart
11. I truly want to save the world somehow – I’m just not sure how yet…
1. What would be your soundtrack for a relaxing evening at home?
You know, I’ve never spent the night at home just chilling with music on! I suppose if anything I usually have “Friends” on in the background.
2. What is a book that still lingers in your mind?
I’m going with ‘Saving Francesca’ by Melina Marchetta here – it’s my go-to book, mainly because it’s so relatable.
3. A human being should always…
Humans should always be considerate of others. I think all too often people get tangled up in their own business and don’t treat other people with enough kindness.
4. What is your dream travel destination?
The WORLD is my dream destination! There are so many places that I want to see for the first time, or re-visit, that I could never pick just one.
5. How do you define friendship?
Friendship is a two-way street. Friends should support one another, and be able to confide in one another.
6. What is your favourite museum?
I love the TATE in London, and the Museum of Natural History in New York.
7. What is your favourite ice-cream flavour?
Can I be really lame and say vanilla? I just really like it!
8. Have you overcome a fear?
I have lots of fears. I suppose putting myself out there and starting this blog is conquering a fear of sorts – I’m opening myself up to all kinds of criticism and ridicule…
9. If you could create your own perfume, what scents would it contain?
I think I’d like to smell like fresh flowers. Marc Jacobs’ ‘Daisy’ is pretty close to perfect!
10. How did you decide your blog’s name?
I chose ‘Annabel & Alice’ because I love how whimsical and imaginative Wonderland is, and I want grown-ups to remember that they don’t have to leave that behind as they get older. I still worry that people don’t ‘get’ it though, and think it’ just silly.
11. If you could make a movie about your life, who would play you?
Someone once told me that I look a little like Julia Roberts, with my crooked grin and big nose and hair… It would be pretty cool to be played by a young Julia Roberts. I think her quirkiness and big laugh are fitting.
I don’t know too many new bloggers, especially ones who haven’t already participated in the Liebster Award! So, I’m sending this out to the blogosphere. If you’re a new blogger, you haven’t been nominated for the Liebster Award, and you’d like your readers to get to know you a little more, then please consider yourself nominated! I, for one, would love to hear what you have to say.
1. What is your favourite flavour of tea?
2.If you could have three people to brunch, dead or alive, who would they be?
3. What’s your one blogging tip to give the blogosphere?
4. What was your favourite subject in school?
5. If you could be an animal, which would you be?
6. What is your favourite way to travel? Train, bus, car, plane, bike…
7. If your house was burning down, what would you grab as you ran out the door?
8. What do your favourite pair of shoes look like?
9. When you were a kid, what was your favourite story?
10. Would your dream house be modern or old?
11. What inspired you to start blogging?